To date, 445 young people have participated in Extended Programmes which give young people from all backgrounds opportunity to learn about and be inspired by the built world and make the most of their talents. Programmes:
- Increase knowledge of architecture and the built environment
- Enable young people to find out what it is really like studying and working in the built environment through working with professionals and students
- Increase confidence about going to university and support their application
- Develop broad transferable skills including team work, presentation, communication, problem solving and design skills
- Increase their confidence as an individual, develop pride and raise aspirations
- Increase their ability to and confidence in talking about the built environment.
Current partners include universities and professional bodies. We are exploring new partnerships including:
- Universities offering built environment courses
- Developers, designers and clients undertaking consultation on investment / local development
- Private business looking to deliver on Corporate Social Responsibility agendas
- Community organisations looking to develop skills and knowledge among young people
Please contact Jo on email@example.com or 07968 237 280 if you would like to discuss our programmes or how we can work with you in more detail. Examples of our work can be found by clicking the links below.
We have delivered 6 Summer Schools to date giving young people an insight into careers, university courses and developing skills.
Hidden Liverpool Schools Programme was part of our Hidden Liverpool project and focused on heritage and reuse of buildings.
PLACED has developed partnership projects with universities, supporting built environment students in delivering workshop programmes for local schools.
“I enjoyed having adults LISTEN to our ideas about the local area and designing a place for us”
FREE Easter Planning and Design Workshops (28th Feb)
Are you aged 14-18 and interested in design? Do you work with young people interested in how places are designed? We’re currently recruiting 50 budding designers for our FREE Easter School sponsored by University of Liverpool School of Environmental Sciences.