What does being an Ambassador or Student Ambassador involve?
- A commitment to supporting a minimum of two workshops per year on a voluntary basis
- You can select the workshops that suit your expertise, interests and work load
- You’re role will be to provide support to those taking part to develop their ideas. You will need to do very little preparation and will not be expected to lead the session
- Your travel expenses will be covered.
Benefits of involvement
Benefits to the individual:
- Personal satisfaction from inspiring people, in particular young people, about the built environment and supporting communities in having a voice in local developments
- Supporting new talent through increasing awareness of professional careers among young people and helping to challenge misconceptions about who can succeed
- Networking opportunities with other professionals, students and potential clients from a wide range of sectors, including twice yearly networking events
- Development of skills including consultation and engagement skills / techniques
- Increased confidence in working with a new target audience
- Experience in teaching helping to support career diversification
- CPD accreditation from participation in training and delivery*
- Positive CV addition
- Personal profile and direct link to your own website from the Team page
*Voluntary activity where architectural skills are used and you learn something counts towards RIBA CPD. Other professions should confirm with individual professional bodies.
Benefits to a practice supporting staff volunteering:
- Positive CSR opportunity which can be included on tenders, CV, website etc
- Promotion through Twitter during workshop delivery
- Ambassador logo which can be included on signatures and website
- Direct link from staff profile on PLACED website
- Images from workshops available for use on own website.
You will be required to undertake an Enhanced DBS check, managed by PLACED
Should you register as an Ambassador or Student Ambassador?
If you have graduated / are qualified in your field and have a minimum of 6 months experience apply as an Ambassador. If currently studying / you do not have 6 months experience please apply as a Student Ambassador.
For further details please contact Jo at info@PLACED.org.uk or call 07968 237 280.
To find out who is already involved visit our The Team page
Thought it was really valuable to students and professionals alike
FREE Easter Planning and Design Workshops (28th Feb)
Are you aged 14-18 and interested in design? Do you work with young people interested in how places are designed? We’re currently recruiting 50 budding designers for our FREE Easter School sponsored by University of Liverpool School of Environmental Sciences.